Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Williams Lake Wednesday night 7-14
















We have had a wonderful day of very good scenery. We have seen a lot of the logging industry, saw & pulp mills, cattle & horses, the first since we went north. Some farming, haying I should say, it is so pretty to see the hay fields & then go right back into the forest. We are sure in civilization now going from one town to another with out too many miles between. Gas has come down in price, the cheapest we have had in a very long time & it was still 3.70 a gal. It has run into the 6-8 dollar a gallon. Anywhere from 1.o7 to 1.89 a liter and it takes 3.7 liters to make a gallon.We are in a camp ground right next to the rodeo grounds, so kind of glad there isn't a rodeo tonigth. :)

We called home & Joy had to have a root canal today so we are sure sorry about that. :( This will be our last night in Canada so home is getting closer. We went 386 miles today. A beautiful day & I didn't have to wear all the clothes I own to keep me warm.

I(Don) took along my camcorder and have been using it to take the pictures. It works better than my camera as it will zoom to 40X and take the pictures as fast as I can click the shutter so my regular camera has stayed in the trunk. Pictures: Williams Lake, we are camped in the valley beyond the building, water wheel at Quenel used to pump ground water from the mines, delicious lunch just before Prince george, Frazer river where the river boats could not go any further downstream because of the rapids and canyon, country side west of Prince George. Small hay fields and cattle.
It is taking some getting used to having the sun go down so early. It is 9:50 Pacific time and the sun is down. We are used to it not going down until midnight and rising at 3 in the morning.

3 comments:

  1. Don and Alfreda, nice to know that you are back in civilization once more. This trip is a memory you will have the rest of your lives and so much to tell us about. Pictures are very good. I really like the one of Alfreda at the picnic table--very good and you aren't all bundled up and shivering from the cold.

    Our weather is getting better--high today was 78 degrees and that is just a nice summer day as far as I am concerned. Hope it will continue. Take care and I am so glad things are good for you now--gas prices, etc., and you are getting closer to home. G'night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful journey, folks. Thanks for sharing.

    We hope Williams Lake will be one of the good memories from the trip.

    Safe travels.

    www.welcometowilliamslake.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I am Renee Tuning, wife of Kermit, daughter-in-law of Hazel McCracken. She had forwarded us the link for your blog, and I've been following your adventure. I checked through this blog several times, because I could see no mention of the bear that seemed so friendly with Alfreda, when I finally figured out it was a print on her t-shirt! Anyway, I certainly have enjoyed the trip!

    ReplyDelete